Maintaining vigilance for your healthcare organization includes staying focused on the basics and good security practices. Security Risk Assessments provide hospitals and healthcare organizations with a way to maintain HIPAA compliance, lower security risks, and protect PHI. One basic yet critical practice is to perform a security risk assessment whenever there is significant change in the environment.
With all the recent changes to computing environments, remote access methods and work locations it is important to perform a security assessment that prioritizes these areas of focus and their associated security controls.
Join Intraprise Health for a free SRA webinar on April 23 at 2 pm EST that will explain how you can prepare for and remediate your risks, once you’ve identified the areas and control categories that have been most impacted within your organization.
According to HHS the compliance issues most often alleged in complaints are:
- Impermissible uses and disclosures of protected health information;
- Lack of safeguards of protected health information;
- Lack of administrative safeguards of electronic protected health information; and
- Use or disclosure of more than the minimum necessary protected health information.
During this webinar, Intraprise Health security experts will discuss:
- What is the value to your organization of an SRA
- How to prepare for and execute your SRA
- How frameworks can be used to enhance the SRA process
- How to introduce quantitative analysis into your SRA
- How the prioritized recommendations from your SRA can guide your risk program
- How to determine your remediation approach