What You Need to Know About HIPAA Privacy and Breach Compliance in 2021
Healthcare providers are required to be compliant with Privacy and Breach Rules. In 2021, there have been changes to privacy laws and proposed changes to the HIPAA Privacy rule, further complicating your responsibilities under these regulations. Understanding what is required for HIPAA Privacy compliance can be confusing, but it doesn’t have to be.
Join us on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 as we outline simple steps to addressing Privacy and Breach compliance, specifically for 2021. Let us help you have confidence in your compliance program and check HIPAA off your to-do list.
Session Key Take-a-ways:
- Updates to State specific Privacy Rules, GDPR and proposed changes to the Privacy Rule
- Understanding the HIPAA Privacy Rule, Breach Rule, and your responsibilities under each
- Common mistakes organizations make when addressing their compliance
- Approaches to regularly performing a HIPAA Privacy Risk and Breach Analysis
Who Should Attend?
- Administrative and Clinical Staff
- Healthcare IT Support Staff
- Privacy, Security and Compliance Officers
- Anyone involved in security and privacy at academic medical centers, healthcare delivery organizations, research centers, law firms, etc.