Completing your HIPAA Security Risk Assessment before the end of 2021
Organizations that handle protected health information and participate in programs such as MIPS are required to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment on an annual basis to fulfill their obligations to PHI security and privacy. Managing compliance can be messy and tedious – especially if you are using spreadsheets and emails and dealing with multiple clinics and practices and it can be especially difficult if you leave it to the end of the year.
In this webinar, we discussed what is required as part of the HIPAA SRA and what you can do to complete your SRA before the end of year deadline and know you are meeting the HIPAA compliance requirements for 2021.
Session Key Take-a-ways:
- Current healthcare security landscape
- Understanding HIPAA and your responsibilities
- Common mistakes organizations make when undertaking an SRA
- Triggers for performing a HIPAA security risk analysis
- Steps to achieving a successful compliance program
Thank you for your interest in this webinar! After watching, feel free to explore the resources below:
If after watching this webinar, you have questions or comments you can contact us.